17 Nov How to Buy a Cheap iPhone 4 and Cheap Motorola Droid X – And Which One Should You Choose?
Apple iPhone 4 and Motorola Droid X are two of the most advanced smart phones in the industry. How to get a cheap iPhone 4 or cheap Droid X, and which one should be a better choice are issues that have many people concerned.
Lets compare the features of these 2 smart phones side by side to review which one you should choose.
1. Operating System – The debate between iOS4 (iPhone 4) and Google Android (Droid X) had been rented for long. Both of them feature multitasking and extensive app stores. The truth is that Apple iPhone has much more selections of over 200,000 apps as compared to Android's 70,000 apps. The support from iPhone apps are more extensive than the Droid apps at the moment.
2. Display – The Droid X has a 4.3-inch multi-touch screen as compared to the iPhone's 3.5-inch screen, so Droid X is considered to have better display in size. However, iPhone 4 is equipped with "Retina Display" technology by Apple which provides extra high screen resolution. So, whether you prefer larger or sharper display is the point you should consider.
3. Network and Connectivity – The iPhone 4 works on AT & T, which has received a number of complaint for dropped calls and poor traffic management. The Droid X, on the other hand, works on Verizon which has demonstrated far more reliable support on smart phone traffic. What's more, the signal receive problem as happened in the side antenna of iPhone 4 had once worried many people.
4. Processor – Both phones use a pretty fast 1GHz chip. Although they are not identical, their outstanding performance had impressed many users.
5. Storage – The $ 200 iPhone 4 provides 16GB of storage while the $ 200 Droid X comes with 8GB storage plus a16GB memory card, totaling 24GB. The Droid X easily wins here.
6. Camera – Although Droid X is equipped with a higher mega pixel 8MP over iPhone's 5MP camera, the iPhone obviously wins because it comes with a front-facing camera that Droid X does not have. This front-facing camera features video chat as bought by the FaceTime technology. FaceTime technology is opened by Apple to other developers for further development of apps.
7. Flash Compatibility – Nothing to debate, Apple has declared that iPhone 4 will not support flash. The Droid X is not yet compatible, but the coming Android 2.2 will support Flash as we known.
You may consider the above comparison to decide which phone to be your better choice.
How to buy a cheap iPhone 4 and cheap Motorola Droid X?
As the market is changing from time to time, below are 5 tips to help you buy a cheap iPhone 4 and cheap Motorola Droid X
1. Compare the price of different big online stores. Competition is fierce and if one retail drop the price the others will follow soon.
2. Check the price in big auction site like eBay. People are selling out their new or used smart phone at discounted price. From the auction site you can even find unlocked iPhone and Droid X, probably by sellers in Asia.
3. Check the phone availability in Cragslist and other big classified sites. Someone may be offering the phone at a price lower than the official.
4. Make use of coupons and gift cards as received to cut off your cost. Big online stores such as Best Buy and Amazon give out coupons and discounted gift cards from time to time.
5. Buy your phone with rebate credit card. You can further lower your expense with that.
By Felix Fu