20 Mar Top 10 Do’s and Don’ts For Prom
1. Do set a budget for prom and stick to it. Between the clothes, limo and all the extras that go along with prom, you can easily spend a small fortune. Make plans ahead of time. Get friends to go in on costs. Shop around ahead of time to get the best deals. You don’t need to spend a huge amount of money for one night when you have the rest of your life ahead of you.
2. Do use a prom check list to make sure you are prepared. Being organized and prepared will reduce stress and worry. You will able to enjoy everything about prom.
3. Do brainstorm with your friends to get ideas for things to do before and after prom. Another good way is to research the internet for prom ideas and fun things to do.
4. Do talk to your parents before hand to make sure there are no surprises for either of you on prom night. Let your parents know what your plans are and set check in times so they know you are alright. It is a good idea to give your parents an itinerary so they know exactly where you are all night and/or weekend, if you have other events planned. You don’t want to lose their trust and respect because of the events of one night so be honest.
5. Do make sure you have plenty of rest the night before prom. You will use a lot of energy getting ready and you want to make sure you are not so tired that you can’t enjoy it. If possible, try to sneak in a nap during the day of prom.
6. Don’t go to prom with someone you don’t like. Choose your date wisely so you feel comfortable and will have a good time. Not having the right date is the top reason for not having a good time at prom.
7. Do be prepared for emergencies. Take extra money along, take a camera with you to capture pictures, bring your cell phone and take care of your belongings. You might want to include an emergency repair kit for anything that may come apart.
8. Do enjoy the dance. Don’t just show up, take pictures and then leave. Participate and enjoy your friends. Prom is a big party so have fun! You are making a memory that will last a lifetime.
9. Don’t expect prom to be anything other than it is, a night with friends. You will probably hang out with the same people and talk about the same things. It is not the start of new social life. It is just like any other dance or party but with a dressed up formal theme. Don’t set you self up for disappointment when it is over.
10. Don’t do anything you will regret later. Don’t use prom night as a reason to do something you know is wrong. Drinking and sex is not something that will make prom night more fun. Keep it safe so your night to remember does not become a night that you want to forget.
By Patricia Kopp